- Monitor Audio 2007 – Present (UK)
- Motorola Solutions 2006 (Malaysia)
- Ikatan Awana Sdn. Bhd. 2005 (Malaysia)
- 2009 Central Saint Martins, UK
- 2006-2007 University of Hertfordshire, UK
- 2003-2005 Limkokwing University, Malaysia
Autodesk Inventor | Autodesk Showcase | SolidWorks | 3D Studio Max | Illustrator | Photoshop | AutoCAD
- Red Dot Design Award: Product Design
- Bombay Sapphire Designer Glass Competition
- Designer’s Award by Malaysia Design Council
- Speaks, reads and writes English
- Speaks, reads and writes Malay
- Speaks Mandarin (Chinese), Cantonese & Hokkien
- Beginner level French
Ai Pheng Yeap was born in Penang in 1984. She holds a First Class Bachelor degree in Product Design (UK) and a diploma (Malaysia) where she was awarded the best student in both universities.
Between completing her diploma and moving to UK for her final year degree, she succeeded being contracted a junior designer role at Motorola Solutions (Malaysia). She established herself as a valuable team member while at Motorola and was offered to return to the company after graduation.
Her decision to further her career in UK sees her landing a job at an award winning company prior to graduation. She is self-motivated and has good problem-solving skills. Her adaptability lets her thrive in both team environment and independently. This quality also enables her to expand her knowledge to a multitude of industry and environment.
She possesses computer skills of exceptionally high level especially in 3D computer generated models and technical details. She also has strong skills in sketching and provides a hands-on approach to designing. She is skilful, hard-working and efficient, also shows dedication in whatever project she undertakes. Her most recent work launched has won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award in the Product Design category.
Ai Pheng’s passion lies in empathic design and high usability. In addition to her design passions, she enjoys discovering food and culture which led her into sharing her experiences through her blog. Her love for dancing has also seen her participate in the salsa performance group. She believes that having interests outside of work fosters creativity.